Back in the Saddle (Ever) Again?

 


I’m trying to figure out how I can make it back into the seat.

“Write what happened,” a sister said. “Print it out, then burn it.”

Supposedly this method will rid me of the stress and fear. The damage done, the fucking grief.

I am a writer. Wrote a blog post about what happened and how I feel. Can’t post it for legal reasons. Unable to burn it either.

My body has rebelled against returning. Physically ill. Exhausted, then insomniac. Nightmares. Flashbacks galore. Confidence shattered. Bathroom blues.

Refuse to medicate with uisge beatha for it doesn’t erase the problem, only accentuates it. Compounds it, pushing it deep below instead of to the surface where it hopefully will exit.

Eventually I will get back into the “office”. They say to “take all the time” necessary to heal. I wonder when it will happen, or how much time before my employer demands my return.

Male hormones scream at me to “man UP!” Then the constantly playing rerun queues up. Again, constantly, relentless in its insistence of never being forgotten.

Ugh! The plague of self doubt is real, and currently winning. I must win this battle, then the war.

Comments

  1. Writing it out does help. Even if you have to do it a few times. No one has to see it. The longer you wait. The harder it will be. I'm not pushing you, just saying. The first day and week will be hard no matter what. Think ING of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you’re still suffering. Please take care of you. You’re the only you we have.💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I’m working on whatever recovery allows me to feel confident and safe. However, there are many more of me than even multiple personalities can provide. Peace be with you.

      Delete

Post a Comment