Peace Out Loud!

 

Two of my Transit Faves, Gabe and Anna,
as we ride Line 17 to Downtown Portland on a springtime roll.


Author's Note: This blog has an anonymous detractor, folks. An invisible insulter, afraid to unmask itself in fear of having to explain its pitiful discourse. If you peruse a former post's comments, you'll find "it". This type of comment simply provokes a dismissive snort. Why? Because as a transit blogger, I only offer you a glimpse of this bus operator. Those who toil behind the wheel as I do will understand my rants, while those who do not will weasel their ignorant comments into my posts. I don't care if you call me "Grandpa", punk. Rather than an insult, I claim that moniker with happiness and pride. To survive to my age is an incredible achievement, given my challenging start in life. I am infinitely happy to be who I am now. I only hope you someday find yourself anywhere near as accomplished as I am. Best of luck to you, Whiny Boy. Tell me your address and I'll send some cheese.

* * * * *

My words here may oft seem harsh, but they are mine alone. I am proud of what I write. I don't need anyone's approval or otherwise. I welcome ALL who read my posts.  If you are rude, then I will fucking nail you. It's just the way I roll. Piss off if it hurts your widdle feelings, poor baby.

Thank you either way, just for reading what I choose to communicate along the long route of this bus operator's 10-year-long journey. Disagree? Oh well. Nobody who reads this needs your whiny bullshit bemoaning my truth via transit. If ya don't like it, I won't be pissing in your electric car batteries or rusty bicycle brakes, so just hold your breath. Only 1/1000th of my readership give the slightest fuck for your ignorant rant. Meanwhile, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your nether regions.

It's my 10th Anniversary of being a transit blogger. There will be no fanfare or public celebration of this feat. This blog boasts a mere 775,000 Hits over my therapeutical writing decade. There are scores of others who boast millions of "hits" over the span I have written FTDS. Still, I celebrate EACH of your visits here. Bloggers who have achieved far more hits than my blog has, have likely prostituted themselves just to be noticed. It has never been my goal to bend over that far. This blog simply achieves readers at will, ones it actually deserves.

I write as I need to, sharing with a few like-minded groups via social media. Other than that, I simply write to let it out. There's too much stress to hold in, and this blog has always been an outlet. If people enjoy what I write, it's truly appreciated. If they do not, I wish them a trip as they stumble past this humble site. I care not either way. It's merely one transit operator's glimpse from the driver side of a bus.

When I published "JUST DRIVE - Life in Bus Lane" in 2017, I did so in recognition of my fellow transit workers. Taking a loan out of my 401k, my hopes were only to present a professionally-attractive description of MY life as a transit operator. The response I received was phenomenal. The book simply broke even, which was an emotional victory.

My book did not attract the attention of Portland's local media, except for a wonderful few. (Thank you, OPB, ATU757/Northwest Labor Press and the Portland Tribune! You will ALWAYS have first dibs on future project-related interviews while the others can KISS MY ASS). JUST DRIVE did, however, find an audience which made it a labor of love enjoyed. And that, folks, made the effort infinitely more than worthwhile. Having fellow Operators, and beloved passengers, meet me on the road for an autograph, is much more than I sought to achieve.

* * * * *

"Grandpa" cherishes his time
 with his wee lass, Mila Rose.
 

Today, I'm awash with new ideas to write about. But  they can wait. Immediately facing me are precious memories I hope to create and treasure as "Grandpa" to my wee Mila Rose. As Transit Operator and proud elder in this family I remain devoted to, all I can offer are the words which emanate from my soul as the miles on the road multiply each day I'm allowed to serve my fellow Portlanders in this capacity.

To my negative commenter, I accept your opinions, even though your words were meant to insult me. It's okay, I forgive you. It's true that I often contradict myself; it's the daily conundrum of a Libra, as I work to find a balance in the world which often confounds me. I only hope your childishness finds its way to maturity and forgiveness for those to whom you feel superior.

Meanwhile, I'll keep rolling safe and smoothly, serving my passengers with the most friendly ride I can possibly give. If that's not enough, then too damn bad. I'll keep rolling so regardless.

Peace out, folks.


With love and respect, I am

Deke N. Blue

Transit Blogger




Comments