Just As I Thought


There is SO much for me to write here, and it's frustrating. I'm torn between sounding off for all with whom I toil on a daily basis, versus what my heart wants me to write. After nine years as a transit blogger, watching the amount of people who actually READ this, my heart wins.

Quickly though, it's time our transit agencies decide WHO actually is the Captain of the Ship. MUST we put up with fare evaders who cause the most trouble on transit simply to coddle society's loudest whiny "advocates" for those who ride free and wantonly abuse the long-forgotten Code of Passenger Conduct? The working folks who depend upon transit to get to and from work do not deserve this mamby-pamby whiny bullshit that gives more power to the trouble-causers at the expense of the decent people onboard.

PLUS, it's wholly disheartening to me to see "newbies" offered a golden goose egg $7500 sign-on bonus and a whopping $25+/hour to sign up now. It's management's mis-management of its' most valuable assets that created this operator shortage to begin with.

Instead of making 3x what new hires made, now our two-year route through hell only nets us 25% more. As I thought when I first saw those signs "Heroes Work Here", my snort sounds the same as it did back then because I knew our sacrifice would be for naught.

There's no way we'll be paid 3x new hires again. Gee thanks, management. Unless you're prepared to pay veterans of this job $75/hour, your "heroic" shout-outs are bogus.

New GM? Same ol' smelly stuff, different day. Heroes, my ass.


Comments

  1. Everybody always trying to cut pay.... and then call it "competitive" when trying to entice new hires.

    For that, and multiple other reasons, we can't even keep half the new hires we get...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment