Here I Go Again


Deke's Note: Week 4 of Hellacious COVID-19. Here I go again.

I may already have the virus. In 5-14 days, the symptoms could appear within my body as they have hundreds of transit operators worldwide. I don't know if it's within me yet, but my soul is not ready to depart this Earth. There are too many things I have yet to accomplish.

If it is here inside me now, it can just get the fuck out. I'm done with fear. Now, I'm just angry and ready to do battle. My ancestry demands nothing less than all-out war. I will just keep on keepin' on, being Deke to the end no matter what obstacles I face. It's all I've ever known, and I see no reason to stop now.

I've seen CNN's Chris Cuomo bravely fight this virus from home while reporting his progress. I'm taking is words to heart. If it finally finds its way into my body I will fight it as he has: standing UP. Screw that little bastard. I didn't brave a pre-natal brain injury and an early battle just to walk and talk to be taken out by something our government has failed to protect us from.

I will not back down. It can enter my body, but I will kick its little ass right out. Goodbye, ya wee bastard. You're not welcome here. I have too much left to say yet to allow your viral beastie dictate my fate. Begone, asshole, you are not gonna take me without a knock-down, bare-fisted brawl.

Thanks to my sister Ahna Mallat for creating a washable face mask for me that will help me battle this viral pandemic. Already, I strip and shower every night upon entering my humble home. Uniform goes directly from body to washing machine, and I (thanks buddy Sam!) scrub the hell off my body before I can relax in my recliner and eat whatever Beloved has cooked before my arrival.

Masks, distiller-strength hand sanitizer and wiping my operator's station down be damned, I refuse to bow down to China's murderous mistake. I piss on China's communism, your desire to rule the world. If this was planned, then FUCK YOU. We will not bow down, we will not die without a fight.

Oregon has had a "Stay at Home" order for going on a month now. To my fellow citizens' credit, most have obeyed it. Except for the very youngest amongst us, the stupid, the wayfaring idiots and those who discredit the dangers we all face, it has had a positive impact on our state's collective safety.

I cannot stay home. I'm going to bed now. I have an essential job to do once I awake from this nightmare. I'll fight it to my last breath and heartbeat, because that's just how I roll.

Comments

Post a Comment