Ahh Skye, at Long Last We Meet!


Deke’s book now resides on Isle of Skye, Scotland! It was my pleasure to gift this book to our lovely host Katie at Taigh Ailean Hotel, for she has presided over our incredible stay here on this mystically wonderful day.

Began our day with a tasty traditional Scottish breakfast, then drove 25 minutes to the entrance of the Fairy Pools. A 20-minute hike led us to a magnificent compilation of wondrous sights, which will likely linger for my remaining moments. From there I dipped my feet and fingers into the western shoreline of the Atlantic, staring dreamily into the bright horizon.

Into a deep and dark forest I roamed, recalling the timeless words of Mark Twain, Rabbie Burns and other classic authors. My mind is but a whisper of the soul which inhabits this Earthly body, and my soul is more at peace than it has ever been.

At work, I try to blot out the constant noise; here, only silence interrupted by birdsong and breeze. I am so very much at peace, and extremely aware.

Nothing more need be penned...

Comments

Post a Comment