Updates and Such...



Another satisfied reader of JUST DRIVE is one of many
who have had Deke N. Blue sign her copy
when he stopped in to see the dear lady.
Join her!

An uptick on my blog stats the past month, over 11,000 hits!

However, very few copies of JUST DRIVE - Life in the Bus Lane have been sold. Did you know it's available in print, ebook and audio? The book chronicles the earliest moments of my career through nearly five years as a professional bus operator. If you already have it and haven't done so, please write a review on Amazon.

FromTheDriverSide is read all over the world, after its humble beginnings over six years ago as a simple writing exercise. Please support my humble quest as an author while I feverishly work on my next offering... a book of fiction which is incredibly fun to write!

Still available at Broadway Books
in Portland, if you don't want
to buy it on Amazon...

Please drop a comment on the blog when you have a chance. Or, write me an email at deaconinblue@gmail.com and I promise to respond. This writer is only satisfied when his audience takes a few moments to let me know how and why my words affect you.

To those who have been here for years, thanks for your continued support. I'll be back with more tales of the bumpy road we traverse. A new bus route beckons, and management's stumbles are always fodder for my literary cannons. In fact, it seems management is the only faction that wishes I would just stfu. Sorry guys, you cannot just run roughshod over us without at least some of us fighting back.

Deep into my seventh year of blogging, where I was recently ready to give it up. Thanks to your support, I am now full of desire to continue. Don't forget #BANDTOGETHER 2019 coming up September 15-21. Portland transit workers have endured 64 attacks so far this year, and we will be informing our public of this tragic statistic via a bandage on our "door side" cheeks. So will operators across the globe, as it promises to be the biggest year so far.

Meanwhile, my transit buddy Brett has crafted a Guest Post which we're currently preparing for publication here. Stay tuned... even more is to come!

Thanks,
db

Comments

Post a Comment