My "Non-Post" Entry for Today

My office, caged in and treated with less respect
than a zoo animal. But I do the job with an honor
instilled upon me by the legions of those much better
at it than I could ever hope to be.
It's very hard for me NOT to write a post when I normally would. Just hang in there. I'm working on improving not only my personal self, but my writing personality as well. It's been six years since I first hopped onto this bloggery, and hopefully you've taken a ride with this bus driver explaining how it feels to drive "in the seat."

You may not agree with my writing, but that's okay. I've made mistakes along the way, but only because my opinion cannot always mesh with yours. I won't apologize for this. It's just one bus driver talking to others or our passengers, perhaps even the occasional visitor who is neither. Either way, I'm here. That's all I know, whether I entertain, or simply piss you off. I'm just here, man.

Six years and almost 300,000 hits is a pretty incredible run. I'm still employed by the transit agency I often emotionally abuse when their antics require criticism. If I fail to describe my time as a bus operator for whatever moment in time as I feel necessary, it's only because there's not much to say.

Just like this post...

Our Summer Signup begins today. I wish all the best for those of us who brave the violence "out there" while providing our fellow citizens with a safe and smooth ride for virtual pennies every hour they ride.

May was an extremely-sad month for all of us. We, as a worldwide family, lost two operators (that I'm aware of) to senseless murder. Frankly, it sent me into a downward tailspin that has required me to seek counseling. I'm depressed, scared and angry. It's not a good place to be in this occupation. I only want to provide a safe and friendly ride to my passengers. When I feel like this, it does none of us any good. So please bear with me. I readily admit when I need help, and have reached out for counseling. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and will actively seek professional help to help me better cope with this difficult time in my personal and professional life.

My posts may be sporadic, sometimes lengthy tirades, but still... I write for all of you. Why? Because through all the strife and turmoil, I will always love you. It's all I have, this tremendous feeling of comaraderie and fellowship we share as transit operators. It ranks a close second to the constant love and support from my incredible wife, children, brothers and sisters in blood as well as those in solidarity. If I don't keep in touch with my soul, it could easily be lost. If that were to happen, I would be but a soon-forgotten statistic to my employer, but an enormous hole in this beloved family we have collectively created.

Peace and safe travels be with you all your days, and for those who love you,
Deke N. Blue

Comments

  1. You're a good man, Deke. I consider it an honor having you among us. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I have no choice right now but to roll these wheels, so off I go!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're doing what you need to do to take care of yourself. Thanks as always for telling it like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riding your bus you have a lot of humor. Could you be at a secret comedian. All right he just crack jokes to lighten up your day. Anyway I know you bring smiles to me and other riders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment