Critter Bus Rumble



Deke's Note: In order to return this blog to its roots, I'm finding the "fun" in my job again. While taking a break from the woes we face in the great beyond, the wilderness found me.

Springtime dawned in the Great Nor'west
Flowers sprouting, some warmth in the air;
A winter's sleep ends, at nature's behest
A great hunger began, for one wee bear.

I found him lurking in Priority Seating
Licking some discarded candy wrapper;
Growling as I snatched it, he was not retreating
Sporting a bow tie and looking quite dapper.

He bit me on finger, hand and wrist
Assaulted by a furry lil' beastly critter;
Having none of this, I showed my fist
Fearing Al would feature it on Twitter.




He scampered over the seat and swung
I next found him hiding in a hand-hold;
Then crouching, he let loose some putrid dung
Three aces in hand, he refused to fold.

Fierce, cuddly-lookin' cub bounded past me
Into my operator's seat then onto the wheel;
He pretended driving without care, with glee
And I missed another grab, provoking an angry squeal.

Out the driver's window he flew
Bounced off the mirror onto a wiper blade;
His boldness only grew and grew
His antics were cute, my anger began to fade.

He flipped through the door and onto the Hopper
The feisty lil' critter began to lose steam;
If Mama Bear came near I'd never stop her
Then I awoke, realizing it was all but a dream.

As I lay there yawning, rubbing sleepy eyes
Pondering a funny thought, I uttered a snort;
Of all the things we've seen, girls and guys
For once, I won't be writing a report.










Comments

Post a Comment