I'm Still Here, Pondering

We just suffered our 74th assault on Portland transit workers, four in the past week.

Time to don the bandaid again. Since I last wore one, there have been 10 more incidents of violence on us. Still, the media remains silent. It bashes us along with the public, jumping on any chance "story" someone makes up about us, ignoring our constant plight. I'll deal with that reality in my next post. For now, I acknowledge my battered brothers and sisters with a moment of silence.

I'll work again the next few days, thinking of how best to address the violent pandemic and lack of management support we face. Until then, stay strong and keep all six on the road. Safe travels, my fellow road warriors.


Comments

  1. I'm following ...some how it needs to stop !! My company is all about customer service. That's fine but your doing a did service. Because you don't EDUCATE these people in how transit works...2 if you have rules and policy in order stay with them don't b flexible with them ... That makes chaos! Such is now in the buses. That's why they have lost all the good riders because they don't want to ride with the ignorance...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment