Important Book News!

I know, I know. Deke's gonna publish a book. Blah blah blah. Someday. Sure, Deke. We'll believe it when we see it.

But hey. It's gonna happen folks. And soon. Please be patient. I'm working out details with my publisher, which is just getting started. I'm the first writer to be published by this new company! So many details to iron out. But it's going to be published. I promise. I'm hoping to release "Just Drive -- Life In The Bus Lane" sometime in August, and it will be available through Amazon and Kindle Direct.

When it does happen, I'll need your help. No matter where you're from, if you read my blog, you know what I write strikes a chord with you and your fellow operators. We all deal with the same issues, no matter where we live and drive. I'm here to let the public know what it's like to sit in the seat, to deal with the public and management. This blog is read from Australia to Japan, from Ireland to Canada, and from Russia to South Africa. We're a worldwide fraternity, and I appreciate your taking the time to read my humble attempts to describe our job. This blog is my greatest achievement as a writer, so far. I have other projects ready to work on as soon as this one is presented to you.

If you enjoy what I present here, please spread the word. On FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, or even that lovable yet antiquated "email." Word of mouth advertising is always the best. Like this blog? Tell your fellow operators! Pleas share my posts, get the word out. I'm hoping the book will appeal to not only my operator brothers and sisters, but those who ride and others who enjoy first-person accounts of everyday life of one of the most interesting and challenging jobs in the world today. I'm also working on how to get autographed copies out to those who request them. Since I use a pen name, this will be tricky. But many of you have been with me since the start, and I hope to say thanks with a personalized note.

I've been a writer my entire life, but reality has always necessitated my having a "real job" to provide for my family. Many of you are nodding as you read this, because you too have artistic talents you yearn to share with the world. My advice is to take Nike's advice and JUST DO IT! I've met so many operators who are extremely talented outside of the job. With management working hard to strip us of a comfortable retirement, we have to resort to other ways to ensure our golden years aren't spent in poverty.

So thanks in advance. If you would like to help, please email me at deaconinblue@gmail.com. I will respond to each of you. Once again, I appreciate you and what you do. We're in this together. Stay safe out there, may peace always be with you, and keep all six on the road.

With love and respect, I am
Deke N. Blue


Comments

  1. Can hardly wait.
    I don't Kindle
    Will this be available as a,
    you know, a book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it will! You'll order it on Amazon, they'll print it and ship to you. I hate e-books, would rather have the feel of paper in my hands.

      Delete
    2. But for those who like e-books better, they can have it their way too.

      Delete
  2. EXCELLENT!! it will be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it were on kindle, however, I can't wait for my paperback! My kindle fits in my back pack a long with all if the things I'll need to navigate my day as an operator. Plus, my books were getting battered.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment