Sunday, October 25, 2015

Instant Karma Strikes Again!

"Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin'
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin' at fools like me
Who in the hell d'you think you are
A super star? 
Well, right you are!"


--John Lennon, Instant Karma



Two amusing "karmic" things happened while driving my office today.

After an excruciatingly rough week, I managed to remain courteous and upbeat. It was my Friday, and I was determined to make it a nice day. Of course, there's always someone to make it challenging.

When an aggressive driver zipped past both my bus and the car stopped behind me as I pulled from a service stop, she broke three traffic laws. First, she was speeding and driving aggressively; she passed in a turning lane; and she failed to yield to a transit vehicle. A minute later as I scanned ahead leaving the next stop, I saw her truck sideways in the turning lane, with another vehicle angled in front of hers. Although their vehicles weren't damaged, she was screaming at the other driver through his passenger window while banging on his car for emphasis. The other driver appeared to be calling the police. After I cruised by this road rage a cop car sped past, evidently en route to the scene. My only regret is I didn't stop and offer my services as a witness. The cameras on the bus surely captured her antics, but I didn't see what happened. Hopefully, she was cited.

Later as I boarded passengers at a stop shared by different lines, Azzho #2 stood with her back to the bus door talking to someone. She made no effort to board my bus. Nor did she signal that she wanted to board. So I closed the door. At this point she gave the common arms up "HEY!" response, so I reopened the door. Big mistake.

"You're two minutes late and I need to get to work!"

"No ma'am, I'm exactly on-time."

"Don't argue with me, you're late. Now just shut up and drive." Then she walked to the back of the bus, an apparent move by the ignorant arrogants to show they need not treat me with respect, that they're safe in the back of the bus where most shenanigans happen anyway. But I shrugged it off. One more run and my weekend was on. Her rudeness rolled off my shoulder into the trash can.

After I made the right turn onto a major street, this passenger jumped up and said "Hey this is supposed to be the 79!"

"No ma'am," I replied with a smile, "it's the 33." I realized I was going to enjoy this next exchange.

"Your sign said it was the 79."

Well Ms. Dipstick apparently hadn't looked at the overhead signs, so I locked it up at the next stop, got out and checked. Sure enough, the signs were both correct.

So not only did I let her off several blocks from the nearest 79 stop, I made sure not to give her a courtesy stop. You don't treat me like crap and then get a bonus. So her rude behavior resulted in her walking four blocks to catch a bus that would surely be gone by the time she finally got there.

She disregarded all safety concerns and darted across five lanes of a busy street, cursing me the whole way. As if it was my fault she's a jerk, idiot and an imbecile all rolled into one.

Not sure who lit their fuses, but I would imagine both were pretty short to begin with. It was rewarding to see the results.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! It just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look up "TTC Leprechaun" for the story behind the picture. Rest assured that the operators in the GTA are looking for this assclown and we will find him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look it up thanks. What a jerk...gives good leprechauns everywhere a bad name!

      Delete